Treatment of Scars and Burns
Saint-Gervais thermal spring water is full of minerals and ideal for soothing scars and burns. The many mineral and trace elements in the thermal treatments help to relieve and alleviate scars and skin burns.
Known for its anti-inflammatory and healing effects, Mont Blanc thermal water has a long-lasting effect on your skin that allows it to recover flexibility and elasticity in the long term. Book a thermal treatment to treat the after-effects of burns and scars at Les Thermes de Saint-Gervais Mont Blanc.
Once in contact with the thermal spring water, itching is significantly reduced for the majority of the spa guests. After a few days, the inflammation and size of the scars reduce, the skin appears softer. The healing process is stimulated thanks to the minerals present in the Saint-Gervais thermal spring water.
In addition to the thermal treatment, personalised healing massages are carried out by the physiotherapy team at Les Thermes qualified in treating burns. Les Thermes de Saint-Gervais specialises in treating scars with over 60 years of experience in burns and amputations.
The treatment will allow you to chat with qualified professionals as well as spa guests from all backgrounds. A great way of putting an end to the isolation associated with the condition and sharing your experiences and difficulties in everyday life. The most important part is, without a doubt, the quality of the water at Les Thermes de Saint-Gervais. Click here to learn more about the virtues and benefits of this miraculous water!
The treatments are carried out every morning for 18 consecutive days from Monday to Saturday and last approximately 1h30 each morning. Sundays are a day of rest, there are no treatments.
During the first consultation, your spa doctor will create a treatment plan that includes the care to be performed during your treatment.
All treatments are carried out using 100% thermal spring water to offer you the best quality.
Treatments prescribed by the spa doctor and carried out every day:
- “Thermal water” beverage treatment: you will feel the benefit of the anti-inflammatory properties of thermal water from the inside and thus, revitalise your body.
- Filiform shower: 1 to 3 mins. The filiform shower is carried out by the spa doctor. It deeply restructures the skin, soothes itching and softens scars.
- General bath: 15 mins. The bath has a soothing, drying and healing function. The heat of the water activates cutaneous circulation. It has a relieving and relaxing effect that softens the skin.
- General spray: 15 mins. Finely sprayed water unblocks the skin.
These treatments are prescribed for each patient according to the extent of the condition and the patient’s needs, the doctor can also prescribe a face spray and local baths.
- Cephalic shower: stream of thermal water on the scalp. The effects of the water soothe and heal the skin.
- Localised bath: 10 to 15 mins. Carried out on the hands and/or legs. This treatment enhances the decongestant, anti-itching and relaxing effects of thermal water.
- Facial spray: 10 to 15 mins. A mist of thermal water is sprayed on the face.
Scars can be caused by burns, trauma, animal bites, surgical procedures or ionising radiation treatments.
We treat scars of all origins, those with hypertrophy, inflammation or itching.
The dermatology scar treatment is also effective on scars caused by amputation.
Thermal Spring Water Eczema Treatment
Treatment of Scars and Burns
Thermal Spring Water Psoriasis Treatment
Thermal Spring Water Scleroderma Treatment
Assist your patients
Take a look at