Post-Cancer Thermal Treatment
The thermal dermatology post-cancer treatment helps to fight against fatigue, to rehydrate your skin and mucous membranes.
Rediscover yourself so that you can look calmly towards the future, aided by our team of professionals. They will help you to refocus on your physical and mental well-being. Enjoy a natural treatment for your skin at Les Thermes de Saint-Gervais Mont Blanc.
Dermatology treatment brings you many benefits: it soothes inflammation and itching, reduces roughness and softens skin. It speeds up skin healing and reduces fibrosis.
There is an improvement in venous and lymphatic circulation. It repairs your nails are repaired and regrowth of the scalp improves. The thermal water helps to rehydrate your skin and mucous membranes often damaged by treatments.
The treatments are carried out every morning for 18 consecutive days from Monday to Saturday and last approximately 1h30 each morning. Sundays are a rest day.
At the first consultation, your spa doctor will create a treatment plan that includes the care to be performed during your 18 days of treatment.
All treatments are carried out using 100% thermal spring water to offer you the best quality.
Treatments prescribed by the spa doctor and carried out every day:
- “Thermal water” beverage treatment: you will feel the benefit of the anti-inflammatory properties of thermal water from the inside and thus, revitalize your body.
- Filiform shower: 1 to 3 mins. The filiform shower is carried out by the spa doctor. It deeply restructures the skin, soothes itching and softens scars.
- General bath: 15 mins. The bath has a soothing, drying and healing function. The heat of the water activates cutaneous circulation. It has a relieving and relaxing effect, especially for people with stiff joints.
- General spray: 15 mins. Finely sprayed water unblocks the skin.
These treatments are prescribed for each patient according to the extent of the condition and the patient’s needs, the doctor can also prescribe a face spray and localised baths.
- Cephalic shower: Stream of thermal water on the scalp. The effects of the water soothe and heal the skin.
- Localised bath: 10 to 15 mins. Carried out on the hands and/or legs. This treatment enhances the decongestant, anti-itching and relaxing effects of thermal water.
- Facial spray: 10 to 15 mins. A mist of thermal water is sprayed on the face.
Chemotherapy, radiotherapy and surgery can have a lasting effect on your skin (scars, dry skin, oedema, mobility, pain, etc.).
Your doctor (GP, oncologist, gynecologist etc) will prescribe a thermal treatment by specifying the dermatology orientation, and, if necessary, a dual-orientation to treat diseases of the oral mucosa or the respiratory tract.