Saint-Gervais thermal spring water is rich in minerals and trace elements that provide a number of benefits and real relief for many dermatological conditions. So take advantage of a thermal dermatological treatment to combat and relieve your skin conditions.
Acne, pruritus, urticaria, Darier’s disease, rosacea…Restore your skin’s elasticity and suppleness. Treat your skin problems with thermal therapy at Les Thermes de Saint-Gervais Mont Blanc.
Thermal treatments soothe inflammation and itching, reduce roughness and soften the skin.
- Acne: when treatments using antibiotics, hormones or isotretinoin are insufficient, contraindicated or considered too aggressive, a thermal treatment can improve the skin condition, remove cysts and also reduce scarring.
- Keloids: The treatment can relieve itching.
- Perioral dermatitis: thermal treatment can, remarkably, be accompanied by the weaning of dermocorticoids when these are used. In other cases, it can put an end to flare-ups.
- Seborrheic dermatitis: treatment relieves breakouts and extends the period between breakouts when anti-fungal treatments prove ineffective.
- Dyshidrosis: treatment can soothe irritation.
- Erythroderma: treatment calms all symptoms and accelerates the healing of curable forms.
- Ichthyosis: thermal treatment deeply cleanses and softens the skin whose softness and smoothness is partially restored for a few months.
- Palmoplantar keratoderma: the detoxifying effects of the treatment are added to those of usual localised treatments for greater effectiveness.
- Lichen planus: thermal treatment can relieve the symptoms.
- Lichenification: thermal treatment melts away marks as well as the burn scars.
- Darier’s disease: thermal treatment reduces the inflamed patches.
- Graft-versus-Host Disease(GvHD): treatment softens the skin and relieves the patients. It is often overlooked in this condition.
- Prurigo (prurigo strophulus, prurigo nodularis): by breaking the vicious cycle of itching that causes these lesions, the treatment gradually eliminates these very debilitating lesions.
- Pruritus (chronic pruritus, pruritis ani, pruritus vulvae): as with prurigo and lichenification, thermal treatment can help you to escape the vicious cycle that causes the itching. Chronic pruritus often disappears in a few weeks.
- Radiodermatitis: thermal treatment softens the lesions and relieves the symptoms, as well as the scars.
- Rosacea (formerly acne rosacea): treatment soothes facial redness and flushes and extends the time between breakouts of papules and pustules. If patients can tolerate high pressure, filiform showers also help to break down rosacea.
- Scleroderma: thermal treatment greatly relieves patients by softening the sclerous areas that gradually form on the skin. The action is similar to that of sclerotic and hypertrophic scarring.
- Chronic urticaria (hives): when insufficiently soothed by anti-histamines, treatment can provide added relief.
- Stretch marks: the softening of the skin induced by filiform showers can make it possible to limit the growth of stretch marks. Treatment also brightens newly-emerged stretchmarks.
The treatments are carried out every morning for 18 consecutive days from Monday to Saturday and last approximately 1h30 each morning. Sundays are a day of rest, without treatments.
During the first consultation, your spa doctor will create a treatment plan that includes the care to be performed during your 18 days of treatment.
All treatments are carried out using 100% thermal spring water to offer you the best quality.
Treatments prescribed by the spa doctor and carried out every day:
- “Thermal water” beverage treatment: you will feel the benefit of the anti-inflammatory properties of thermal water from the inside and thus, revitalise your body.
- Filiform shower: 1 to 3 mins. The filiform shower is carried out by the spa doctor. It deeply restructures the skin, soothes itching and softens scars.
- General bath: 15 mins. The bath has a soothing, drying and healing function. The heat of the water activates cutaneous circulation. It has a relieving and relaxing effect, especially in people with stiff joints.
- General spray: 15 mins. Finely sprayed water unblocks the skin.
These treatments are prescribed for each patient according to the extent of the condition and the patient’s needs, the doctor can also prescribe a face spray and local baths.
- Cephalic shower: stream of thermal water on the scalp. The effects of the water soothe and heal the skin.
- Localised bath: 10 to 15 mins. Carried out on the hands and/or legs. This treatment enhances the decongestant, anti-itching and relaxing effects of thermal water.
- Facial spray: 10 to 15 mins. A mist of thermal water is sprayed on the face.
Les Thermes de Saint-Gervais treat many skin conditions characterised by inflammation, itching, roughness of the skin or functional alterations.
- Perioral dermatitis
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- Palmoplantar keratoderma
- Lichen planus
- Darier’s disease
- Graft-versus-Host Disease (GvHD)
- Prurigo (prurigo strophulus, prurigo nodularis)
- Pruritus (chronic pruritus, pruritis ani, pruritus vulvae)
- Rosacea (formerly acne rosacea)
- Post-cancer treatment
- Chronic urticaria (hives)
- Stretch marks
Thermal Spring Water Eczema Treatment
Treatment of Scars and Burns
Thermal Spring Water Psoriasis Treatment
Thermal Spring Water Scleroderma Treatment
Saint-Gervais Mont Blanc ?
Assist your patients
Gift vouchers: Treat someone
to a revitalising break
Take a look at
To contact us…