Thermal Asthma Treatment
Asthma is a condition that considerably affects your daily life. Saint-Gervais thermal therapy is an ideal alternative to treating asthma.
Asthma can be accompanied by eczema flare-ups. In this case, a dual course ENT/Respiratory Tract Treatment, combined with a dermatology treatment is strongly recommended to relieve this double indication. Treat yourself to a natural treatment for eczema in the exceptional setting of Les Thermes de Saint-Gervais Mont Blanc.
Thanks to its anti-inflammatory and sedative properties, sulphur-rich thermal spring water decongests and heals the mucous membranes.
It strengthens the immune system. The sulphur in the thermal spring water enables the pharyngeal mucous membrane to regenerate. In the following months, respiratory capacity is significantly improved.
The treatments are carried out every morning for 18 consecutive days from Monday to Saturday and last approximately 1h30 each morning. Sundays are a rest day.
During your treatment, you will have a weekly consultation with your spa doctor. At the first consultation, your spa doctor will create a treatment plan that includes the care to be performed during your 18 days of treatment.
All treatments are carried out using 100% thermal spring water to offer you the best quality treatment.
Treatments prescribed by the spa doctor and carried out every day:
- “Thermal water” beverage treatment: you will feel the benefit of the anti-inflammatory properties of thermal water from the inside and thus, revitalise your body.
- Gargle with thermal spring water: gentle cleansing of the oropharyngeal region.
- Nasal bath: gently irrigates the nasal cavities.
- Nasal shower using thermal spring water: pressure decongests the respiratory mucosa.
- Spray: a filiform jet of thermal spring water is sprayed into the mouth through a sieve to bathe the throat, tonsils and pharynx.
- Inhalation: inhalation of hot thermal vapor thins nasal and bronchial secretions and eases their expectoration.
- Simple aerosol: this device emits particles of thermal water, measuring 2 to 5 micrometres, from the mask, which reach the depths of the respiratory tract. These particles line the bronchial mucosa and act effectively against lower respiratory tract infections.
- Sonic aerosol: a low-frequency sonic vibration, coupled with individual aerosols, gives the particles a certain amount of energy, allowing them to reach the narrowest bronchi and sinuses.
- Emanatorium: free breathing in an atmosphere charged with minerals and thermal gases.
Treatments provided by your spa doctor:
- Proetz displacement method: allows thermal water to penetrate directly into the sinus cavities adjacent to the nasal cavities.
- Pharyngeal shower: a pressurized jet of water sprayed to massage and clean the back of the throat, and the tonsils, in particular.
- Tubal insufflation: the doctor passes the sulphurous thermal gases through the ear to ventilate it through the eustachian tube.
In addition to the treatment, you can, on medical prescription, undergo respiratory rehabilitation (physiotherapy) and bronchial drainage by massage. This enhances the effects of the treatment by helping to clear the airways.
Asthma is an inflammation of the respiratory tract.
Symptoms can include difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, or tightness in the chest. It results in asthma attacks that can be more or less severe.
Thermal Asthma Treatment
Thermal Treatments for the Respiratory Tract
Contact us selection=
Assist your patients
Take a look at